Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lyla's First Birthday Party!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOO!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

I am a little slow posting this, but we celebrated Lyla's first birthday last week! I honestly can't believe my baby is already 1! She's walking, talking and is so fun to play with. We had a party with friends, and I think it came out really cute! Lyla loved the cupcakes, and she got a ton of really cute presents and outfits for fall!


Lyla's favorite present by far was her new baby doll. She carries it around everywhere--its kind of like a pacifier.
Lyla's friends were great helpers when it came to present time--Lyla wasn't really interested.

My sister came to see Lyla on her real birthday, the 12th. So cute!

I also completely weaned Lyla as of last Saturday, and she has done a fabulous job adjusting. I figured out that she loves the Nuby cups with a straw, and she is so great at drinking her whole milk! I have been kinda depressed that she is old enough to have milk now, but I will be nursing again in less than 6 months, so I guess I can deal. :)

We also went to her 1 year appointment, and she is about 30.5 inches tall--the 80th percentile for height, and she weighed 20 lb. 9 oz--about the 50th percentile for weight. I was a little sad that she dropped 2 percentiles in weight, but she has been so busy learning to walk that I am sure she will bulk back up by her 15 month appointment. Lyla is my tall, skinny super model!

Along with turning 1 comes the "big girl" car seat. I think she likes it :)

I go to another OB appointment tomorrow morning, and I can't wait. I think I might find out what I am having at 16 weeks, if I can convince my doc to sneak a peek at my ultrasound. I am almost 14 weeks and feeling great!

No comments: