Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mom's gettin' crafty, sort of.

Since my child decided to only nap for 30 minutes today...I got a crazy idea! She has started to chew on her crib rail, and I have been so afraid she is going to ruin her beautiful crib!! I have searched countless websites and Babies R Us, but no one seems to make a crib rail guard for a convertible crib---yet all the new cribs ARE convertible. Anyway, I sort of rigged her crib with some ribbon and receiving blankets she has long outgrown. I haven't tried it out yet, but hopefully it works!! Lyla is pretty crafty, but maybe she won't mess with this too much.

On Saturday, we went to the zoo for a special night time zoo event. Ashley got us tickets to the Hogle Zoo "Dream Night," so we got some free food and a chance to ride the train (so lame, in case you were wondering). Lyla LOVED the train, and jabbered and waved the whole time. Here are some cute pics from the evening!

This is Lyla on the train...mid-sentence

Lyla and dad...he's SO HOT!

Lyla with a lazy eye...but still so cute

Lyla has also developed a talent for destroying the house. Her new hobby entails taking every book off of my book shelf and throwing them around. She does the same thing with laundry, magazines, and picture frames. Insane!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyle seems to be developing this talent as well. He took all of my mom's old videos off her shelf one day, and was quite proud of himself when we caught him.

Ashley S. said...

Wow, she is kind of ugly... NOT. Gotta love that adorable girl. Nice job on the ghetto rigging the crib. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess!

The Bradys said...

We also have a convertible crib and I've looked for a rail guard FOREVER. . .I think I may be doing the same thing you did:).

Meghan Hendrix said...

You're blog is so cute, and Lyla is getting so big! I remember the first time I met you, she was brand new!! Hey, we're having a BBQ Sunday June 22 at 5:00, and I would love for you and Nate and Lyla to come. Let me know if you can and I'll give you the info...