Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleep Update!

Well, the last 3 nights haven't been bad at all! Lyla went down last night after less than 30 seconds of whining/crying. I couldn't believe it. She slept completely through the night without a peep, and woke up happy at 7 a.m.--which is still really early for her. Yesterday Nate and I tried laying her down awake for a nap. She alternated between playing and whining for an hour and a half, but then slept for 2 hours. I was so proud! When she got too rowdy we had to go into her room and say "Lyla, it's night night time. I love you, now go to sleep!" I figured napping would be harder since I can't make her room very dark, and she's considerably less tired than at night.

Today I knew she'd be ready for a nap earlier than normal, so I nursed her at about 9:15, and she went down without a peep and slept until 11:30. It was awesome, but I knew she was really tired, and it was pretty easy to lay her down. The real test came when I knew she needed another nap at 2. She wasn't as tired, but was dozing off while she nursed, so I laid her in the crib. As expected, she alternated between crying and playing for an hour, and eventually fell asleep at 3. The good news is she woke up at 5:15!!! I am so happy that I have finally buckled down and tried to get her into some better sleep habits! Tonight we are watching Dallin at Andy and Ashley's, so I hope she does okay in a Pack n' Play. Now if only I could get her to bed by 8---not a chance tonight since she slept until 5:15. Oh well! Most of this is probably boring, but I figure it will be good to look back and read about all this when she is a bit older, or when I have another baby.

My brothers and sisters visited from Wyoming yesterday, and it was great to see them. I will post pictures later, but they are HUGE! I hate living so far away from them, but I cherish them even more when they are here.

1 comment:

Jesenia said...

Hello, I am Whitneys friend with the condo. We live in West Jordan, I love it here, but my husband is doing a internship at Makee Dee hospital in Ogden, so we have to move. The mls# is 806937, you can look it up at utahrealestate.com, and my email is jeseniawalker@hotmail.com, if you have more questions. Thanks, have a great day!!