Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July updates!

Whew, I haven't posted in awhile! July has been really busy for our little family. I spent July 16-20 in Dallas with my family--Lyla and I had a blast! It was really hot, but we kept cool by swimming everyday, and I had fun just hangin' out with my brothers and sisters. Even better, my sis Lauren has decided to return home for a little while. She's 18 now, and I am helping her get started on college. She wants to be a nurse, and I think she is perfect for that job! She literally took care of Lyla the whole time I was there. I am so proud of ya sis! :)

Lyla in the pool--it has a great beach area so Lyla can just chill
and play in the fountains.


Lyla in the highchair being silly--this highchair was actually mine, and my mom used it for all 8 of us! Cute!


Lyla and Shelby--I love my mom's cat, and Shelby thought Lyla was really interesting.

A way better picture of Shelby. She's a doll!!! I need one of these cats! They are so different!

Lyla and her first experience with a front facing carseat. Also, my mom found this baby doll for Lyla to play with, and she's OBSESSED with it. She says baby all day long and hugs/kisses her. So sweet!
I came home the evening of my 23rd birthday! Man, I am old! Nate got me a Tim McGraw CD, treats, and we went and saw Hancock later that week. Thanks babe!

For the 24th, we went up to Pineview with Andy, Ash, Jenny, Eric, Parker and Nate's mom. It was great to get up there early before the crowds and the heat--everyone had a blast!

Let's get serious--this is so adorable.

Nate made me swear I wouldn't put this picture up on the blog--sorry babe! It's cute!
We are VERY close to walking, and turning 1 year! I have been a little obsessed about planning her party. I just can't wait! :)

On Friday the 25th, Nate and I had our first doctor's appointment for the new baby! I know I posted about going to a midwife, but I ultimately decided to go back to the doctor who delivered Lyla at Jordan Valley. I decided that I had a really good experience, so why change it? After the appointment, I felt completely happy that I went back to him. He's really funny, and I totally trust him. Nate feels confident with him too, so it's nice to have a lot of support.

Basically, I am measuring right on, which makes me about 10 weeks and 2 days as of today. He did a quick ultrasound, so I was able to see the little girl/guy! We saw a heartbeat, and everything looked perfect! My due date is February 22 for now, and we are really excited. I get to have an ultrasound at 16 and 20 weeks, and I am so looking forward to it. I am already wearing maternity clothes...so maybe when I feel cute one day (keep dreaming, right?) I will take some belly pics. More to come!

1 comment:

The Bradys said...

I love that high chair! Wishing I'd gotten a wooden one:(.

Glad to hear the baby's doing well. Are you going to find out if you've got a boy or girl on your hands?