Saturday, March 7, 2009

Updates!

Grey at 2 weeks...

Last week was full of adjustments and doctor appointments. It was the first full week I had alone during the day, and I think it went pretty well. I felt like my entire days were consumed by nursing, changing diapers, and feeding Lyla. BUT, my days flew by, and I can't believe that Grey is already almost 3 weeks old!
First bath---he LOVED it.

Grey went to the cardiologist on Tuesday, and we got some good news there. His EKG and chest x-ray came back normal, so they don't think the hole is putting any strain on his body. If the hole is large, his heart would appear enlarged on one side because the heart works extra hard to compensate for the lesser amount of oxygenated blood getting to the ventricle. His blood pressure was normal, and he has great pulses as well. Basically, the cardiologist wants to see him again in 3 months, just to check. If the murmur is still there, we will probably follow up again, but the doctor was pretty confident it will close on its own. We were so relieved!

On Thursday, I took both the kids ALONE for their 2 week and 18 month check ups. It was a crazy, crazy experience, and I got a crash course in being a mom of 2. Both babies are doing WONDERFUL! Here are the stats:

Lyla Kate:
Weight: 25 lbs.--60-70%
Height: 33.5 inches--90-95%
--Lyla put on quite a show for the doctor, was really talkative, and showed the doctor all of her signs. The doctor was pretty impressed. I'm so glad she's growing well...I love tall girls!

Grey Michael:
Weight: 9 lb. 5 oz.--80-90%
Height: 21 inches--60%
I am SO HAPPY he's gained so much weight! That's the biggest indicator that his heart is working great! Besides, chubby babies look and feel like healthy babies. It was so reassuring, especially since I breastfeed. You just never know how much they are getting...so way to go buddy!

He is always surprised by the camera...poor guy!

My sis Lauren is here this weekend from Texas, and my other sis Lindsay is coming down for a sleepover tonight. I am so happy to have them both around. It is really the first time we have hung out alone as adults. Its crazy how fast time flies, and they are both such gorgeous women...I am a proud big sis!

Overall, I'd have to say that I am very happy with how things are going. Grey is really a great baby (not to brag). I had a lot of anxiety about having 2 kids so young, and so far, things are going so smoothly (besides my lack of sleep, of course). Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

MEGGandBOBBY said...

o my gosh I love the bathtub pic!!

Whit said...

Grey is SO cute it makes me sad that Brady is SO big already! They grow up way to fast! I'm glad he's been such a good baby for you!

Meghan Hendrix said...

I just love his soft spikey hair. Oh it is just too much!