Wednesday, April 9, 2008

St. George and much, much more



Over the weekend we decided to ditch the lame Salt Lake weather and head to St. George. I can honestly say that I don't recall ever being so excited for a vacation in my life (Nate is apparently thrilled about the trip)! We left Friday afternoon and Ashley and I went to the Colbie Caillat concert at Tuacahn. It was so amazing, and it was great to finally go on my first date with Ashley :) Everyone there was either 13 or on a date, so we felt a little out of place. Nonetheless, Colbie was wonderful, and the weather was perfect.


Since the concert was the highlight of the trip, we spent the rest of the weekend just chillin' out. We rented a condo, and it ended up being a way better deal than a hotel, and we got a pool/playground for the kids. We took the babes to a rec center nearby, and we had way too much fun doing crazy poses off of the diving board (and P.S.--Ashley can do a front and back flip. Get serious!) The boys played golf, and we stayed up late watching comedy central and laughing.

Husband and I---so cute!

So I was really sad to come home, seeing that it is going to SNOW today. Lame! However, I will have plenty to keep me busy. Over the weekend, Lyla began crawling. It's only a few steps at a time, but she's getting the hang of it pretty fast. I also woke up this morning to find her trying to pull up on the side of her crib--I guess I will be dropping the mattress down today! She also just pulled herself up on the chair I am sitting in while writing this post, and bumped her head. Ah, she's growing up!

She looks proud

And finally, Lyla has started making this really funny "crunchy" face at people. She thinks it's so funny, and will often make the face until you do it too. She cracks me up!

Maybe this is where Lyla learned "crunch face." I have never seen 2 kids who love each other more!I had to add this picture--Nate and Lyla are so sweet together! How cute is this?

2 comments:

Ashley S. said...

Whatever, that rocks! Love the pics of Dallin and Lyla doing the Crunch face.

Jenny said...

I can't believe she's crawling!! Crazy!! I'm jealous of your trip! We need to play soon!