Friday, September 12, 2008

Goodbye Year #1...

Lyla is 13 months today, and we have officially entered the 2nd year of her life. I was dreading the day she turned 1, but since that day she has become even more enjoyable. Today she is sick with a runny nose and cough. I absolutely hate these days...they mean late nights and early mornings for mom, but I get a lot more snuggle time. I guess I can live with that.

Here are somethings that I love about my moo:

--she tickled my foot this morning and said "ticka ticka ticka ticka!" I about died.
--she has gotten really good at signing, and tries to sing along to her movie. Lyla also tries to sing Twinkle Twinkle and the ABC's. Its a hoot!
--she can say quite a few words, like mama, dada, baby, lyla, dallin, no, yeah, night night, milk, water, bye bye, hi and wow. We are trying to teach her to say boy, but it comes out as "bo-bo." So cute.
--I love the way she stretches every morning
--she's always willing to give kisses
--if you ask her nicely for something, she always gives it to you
--she loves to sit and read books with me. It amazes me that a 1 year old will sit for 20 minutes and just look at books. She's a girl after my own heart
--I love how she hugs me when I walk her into her room for bed. I also love how she sings Twinkle Twinkle with me.
--she's walking like a pro now, and I love that little baby waddle.
--she gets SO excited when her dad comes home!

But most of all, she's happy 98% of the time. Gotta give her credit for that!

No comments: