Monday, September 8, 2008

Ultrasound Pics and a Great Weekend!

I finally got around to scanning the pictures of our little man. The tech did a really awesome job, and she took her time too, so we got to watch him move around, suck his fist and be cute. He looks really healthy, and the tech said she thought he looked big for how far along I am. I go for another ultrasound on the 19th, so hopefully I will have a more accurate due date by then. I will also get a ton more pics and a DVD...we thought that was pretty cool.

I like this one because you can see his nose and stomach. He was full, the tech said.

'Lyla has never been a binky-lover, thumb-sucker, or bottle-user. Grey could change all this. :)
His man-parts---no mistake here.

I get really nervous before ultrasounds because I am almost afraid to look--I just want baby to be healthy, and I was so relieved to see that everything looks perfect. I couldn't believe I saw his little boy parts...I was getting really anxious, and she looked for the sex very last. As soon as she caught one of his legs on the machine I blurted out "I saw it! Its a boy!" The tech confirmed it, and Nate and I didn't know what to do. We are already so used to having Lyla around, that its so weird to look in the boy section! I must admit, though, that I get more excited every minute. It will be wonderful to have the experience of a boy and a girl, and I am just happy to be his mama.

After the ultrasound, we darted all around town to find the most precious boy outfit on earth. With Lyla, the first outfit we bought was the one we brought her home in, and I wanted to do the same for Grey. I also have to admit that I love knowing what the baby is, and that he has a name. I never thought I would be the kind of mom that picked the name for the first ultrasound, but we've loved the name for so long that it just feels right. With this pregnancy being a TOTAL surprise, and knowing that its a boy, I really feel that Grey is just meant to be with us---to be my son.

The outfit--it was pricey, but so soft...and not to mention its gray. Very fitting.

Nate took the whole weekend off from his second job, and I was SO grateful. We just relaxed, ate lots of food, and played Mario Kart until late at night. We're pretty good now. Its hard that he works so much, and I know he feels the pressure of supporting our growing family, but I am sure things will work out. They always do. Even though he's stressed, its sweet to know that he wants to be the best dad he can. He already is the best.

Now I feel like I am already in mega nesting mode. I have made a list of projects, e-mailed it to myself, and am constantly contemplating the ways I can re decorate their room. I want Lyla to be able to keep it girly, but I want Grey to have a boy space too. I am thinking pink and brown on Lyla's side, and brown and green on Grey's, but I have almost 5 months. I don't know if that's enough time in pregnant world.

1 comment:

Meghan Hendrix said...

He is so cute! I am so happy for all of you! Boys really are so much fun! You guys will have so much adding this wonderful little boy to your family.