Monday, October 27, 2008

Midnight Frustration

Its just after 4 now...and I haven't gone to bed. As I was drifting off to sleep around midnight, Lyla woke up. She's been up and down every hour since (teething!). About a half hour ago, I found myself totally frustrated and mad that she wouldn't sleep...and contemplated my horrible day running on 4 hours sleep while trying to chase her around. I tried one last time to snuggle her, change her diaper, and give her a sip of milk. She seemed tired, so I laid her down. Five minutes later, she was crying again. I went in, picked her up, and she immediately fell asleep in my arms. My mood completely changed, and I now feel so lucky to have been able to watch her go to sleep. I absolutely love it when she falls asleep in my arms, because it truly never happens anymore. She's been silent for 10 minutes so far...so I will try to sleep. I just wanted to savor the moment. I know I took her snuggly newborn stage for granted, and tonight she was simply the most beautiful girl on earth.

No comments: