Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Nate and I enjoyed playing Santa for the first time this year (last year didn't really count, in my opinion). Lyla had quite a few presents, and we had a blast helping her open them! Unfortunately, Lyla woke up with the croup on Christmas morning, so she wasn't at her best. Still, she loved her doll, bath toys, and new Baby Signing Time DVDs! I feel bad that I didn't get more pictures, but Lyla wasn't feeling well, so I didn't push.

We spent the afternoon at the Sylvia's, and the evening at home. On Christmas Eve, Nate and I went to midnight mass while Lyla slept (thanks Uncle Gregg!). I have always loved midnight mass, and have gone every year since I was old enough to! When we left mass, it had started snowing, so it made Christmas Eve seem all the more special. Nathan gave me a pearl ring for Christmas (among other cute little things), and I am really excited about it. He was sneaky and took the money out of quite a few paychecks over the last few months...and I just adore it. I have wanted one since Lyla was born because I want to be able to pass it down to her. Now I have to start saving for a watch for Nate to pass down to Grey!
We had to take Lyla in to the doctor yesterday morning, and they gave her a steroid for her croup...today it has started to loosen up in her throat, so hopefully we will get through the croup in the next few days. Poor girl! I must admit, however, that she is still pretty pleasant and sleeps a lot, which is nice for Dad and I!

Now that Christmas is over, it has hit me that this baby boy will be here in 7 weeks or LESS! I am rapidly adding to my to-do list, and am so excited for him to get here. I have been really good about my "diet" the last week, and have to admit that I do feel really good with less sugar and more water in my diet. Now if only I could get my butt over to the gym!

1 comment:

Meghan Hendrix said...

Oh sad, I can't believe Lyla woke had croup.... I have to say though she still looks as adorable and cherry as ever. Glad you huys had a good Christmas!