Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lame "doc"

I went for my 31 week check-up yesterday...and I guess I left a little depressed. I had gained another 3 pounds, which I didn't think was a big deal. But when my doctor measured me, I am measuring 33 weeks! I didn't think that seemed too crazy (I am, after all, 6'3"), but he became concerned because at my last appointment I was measuring right on! Basically, this guy will probably be on the larger side...

The result? I need to watch my weight, not because I have gained too much, but because any excess weight may cause the baby to be really big, and thus create complications during labor. So no extra candies, sodas and chips for me! I am also going to be hopping on the treadmill these last few weeks! I have felt like my doctor is over-reacting a little bit, but I will do what he says and know that exercising and eating healthier will be BETTER for me anyway.

The good news is that he agreed to induce me again, if I'd like. He's going to check my cervix at my first appointment in February, and then probably schedule me for February 16th! I like to plan...so hopefully he won't come before that and my family can plan on getting to Utah in time. I can't believe its getting so close!!

We also found out last night that Andy and Ashley are having a baby GIRL! We are very excited for them, because we know how much fun little princesses bring to our lives. I can't wait to have a niece...and I hope she has cute red hair to match Lyla's!

2 comments:

The Bradys said...

That little guy will be here before you know it! I hope everything goes well for you and the baby.

Anonymous said...

Big babies don't always cause complications...:) It's definitely smart to watch what you eat and to move more, but I wouldn't be too worried. Measuring the height of a woman's fundus really isn't extremely scientific. I measured 2 weeks bigger starting at about 30 weeks and I STILL never went into labor--I was induced at 41 weeks. Don't let your doctor freak you out. You are the only one who truly knows your body and what it needs--listen to it, and you'll be just fine.