Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Smart Moo

Over the last few days, Lyla has been cracking me up with all the new things she is saying/doing. It seems like she has just grown up, and is acting like a little girl (to my dismay!). I thought I'd write down a few things she's done, and hope that I will eventually write them in her baby book!

--After her bath yesterday, I dropped the lotion behind her dresser, and Lyla says: "Maymee, what's that?" This was Lyla's first actual question for me...so cute.

--She knows my name is Lacy, but also mommy, so she has combined them to say "Maymee!"

--While eating my bowl of cereal, Lyla came up to me and said, "Maymee! I want some!" This is also one of the first sentences she's said out loud.

--She managed to get a hold of some nail clippers yesterday, and when I asked her for them, Lyla bent down and pretended to trim her toenails. What??

--After playing with my cell phone for a few, I told her it was time to say good bye, and she said "Bye dada," and then tried to put my phone in the bum of her sleeper. Apparently she's noticed that I always put my phone in my back pocket while we are at home.

I know these stories seem a little silly, but it amazes me how perceptive toddlers are. I can't believe that Lyla knows EXACTLY which button on the remote will turn on the t.v., and we have 2 different remotes! She knows exactly which buttons turn on the Wii and the 360, and is always looking for my hair brushes to comb her hair. She's too funny!

In other news, this weekend is Nate's 25th birthday (old man!), and my mom/stepdad are coming to visit from Dallas. She hasn't seen Lyla since she was 11 months, so we are very excited to hang out. In the meantime, I am busily organizing and cleaning my house. I have a long "nesting" list, and I want to get some of these big projects done before I am too big to feel like doing them!

3 comments:

The Bradys said...

Haha, I remember a few months ago Hailey also tried to put my cell phone in her back pocket - I do the same thing! It's fun to watch them grow up and become so aware of what's going on at such a relatively young age.

Anonymous said...

Kyle knows which buttons turn off the Wii and 360 too, and he frequently pushes them when someone is in the middle of a game...not really a cute habit...:)

The Bradys said...

Lyla is so cute, I can tell she's got lots of personality!

My due date is actually the 24th, but my doctor's being nice and inducing me the 16th:). I figure I might as well try to get this kid's birthday as far from Christmas as possible so he's not too upset with me when he gets older:). It's pretty convenient with an older sibling, too. We're just going to drop Hailey off at my in-laws the night before - much easier than calling a babysitter in the middle of the night during contractions:).